The 2019 mental health book bingo is over. Cue sad faces! I had a fantastic time yet again, and would like to sincerely thank all of my co-hosts:
Jess @ jessicacwrites
Ayah Assem @DystopianCitzn
They were all absolutely brilliant, and I could not have done this without them. I’d also like to thank CW of The Quiet Pond who designed the bingo board and the Instagram prompt board. We all really appreciated her help!
Now, onto the books that I read.
So, as you can see, I didn’t get a bingo. But I got to 6 books that I’d been planning on reading, so that’s a win in my books! I also found that I really wasn’t in the headspace to read about eating disorders, so although I had the time to fit in another book, I didn’t think that would have been good for my own mental health.
So! The books I read were:
- Poetry with MI themes: She Must Be Mad (review here)
- YA with MI rep: Are We All Lemmings and Snowflakes? (no review planned right now)
- POC MC/group read: Darius the Great is Not Okay (review scheduled)
- OCD rep: History Is All You Left Me (review scheduled)
- Personality disorder rep: Girl In Need of a Tourniquet (review here)
- Anxiety rep: First, We Make the Beast Beautiful (not finished yet!)
Throughout the chats I also was given a lot of recommendations, which is great!
I also announced in our wrap-up chat that I would like to do another group read in May, to celebrate mental health awareness month! If you’d be interested in participating or hosting, let me know! It would be super low key 🙂
Thank you to everyone who participated – I will hopefully see you in May!