So February was a surprisingly awesome month. I read OVER 20 BOOKS, which is the most I have read probably since I was in high school. I also am finally sort-of getting my blog stats to what they used to be after my (extended) hiatus last year. While that isn’t the point of my blog, it is still nice nonetheless. On a personal front, work is going well, and I’m just generally doing pretty good!
Mental Health Monday:
Top 5 Recommendation:
- 100 books – I am pushing head with leaps and bounds! I’ve read over 30 books so far this year, so I should definitely reach this goal with no problem.
- Continue to read diversely – yeah I think I did pretty well this month on that front. However, I’ve realised recently that I really need to read more about religious diversity and physical disabilities. If you’ve got any book recommendations about these marginalisations, let me know!
- Read more independently published/self-published authors – I read Learning Curves by Ceillie and Unfit to Print by K J Charles.
- Try to read more genres – not too bad, I read historical fiction, science fiction/dystopia, fantasy, nonfiction, and short stories.
- Try to re-read a childhood favourite once a month – I read Howl’s Moving Castle!
- Try to read one graphic novel a month – Yup, I read Bingo Love, as well as Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Vol. 1 and Fence Vol 1.
- Try to post three times a week – Yes! A lot of the time it was more. It’s weird to me that now I have less time to read and blog, I’m actually posting a lot more!
- New goal: Increase Netgalley score – right now I am on 63%
Every month I’m also going to update you with what books I’ve read for YARC (Year of the Asian Challenge!). This month I read: Apple & Knife and Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Vol. 1 bringing my total up to 3.
- Continued with therapy – I didn’t have too many therapy appointments this month, but I’ve been doing pretty good so that’s okay.
- Planned at least one exciting thing a month – I went to see Lesbian Jesus herself Hayley Kiyoko in concert. And I am very excited to say that I will be meeting Victoria Schwab in March! I’m going with a friend I met during my publishing Masters. SO EXCITED!