- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- If you had to make a playlist for the book you’re currently reading, what 3 songs would be on there?
Oooh. I just finished reading The Upside of Unrequited, so three songs I would choose for that are:
- What is one blog post you’re incredibly proud of?
I think that I’m probably most proud of my bisexuality post. It is a topic that means a lot to me, and I genuinely think it helped some people. And to be honest, that’s what is most important.
- What book has been on your TBR the longest?
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. I’ve had that on my TBR for years now – I have a copy, but I still haven’t read it!
- What, besides reading, is your favorite thing to do?
This is where I panic and realise I do nothing but read. I really like trying and cooking new foods with my boyfriend – check out our food instagram if you’re interested in seeing what we’ve been eating!
- What is one book that you wanted to love, but ended up hating?
- What is your favourite reading snack?
HARIBO. No questions asked.
- What made you start blogging?
Originally, it was because I was told that being a book blogger would help me get into a career in publishing. After blogging for a couple of months though, I realised that I really did have a lot to say – exceeding any career reasons – especially once I discovered the diverse book blogging community.
- Do you think you’ll still be blogging a year from now?
I certainly hope so! There are going to be a lot of life changes in the next 6 months, but I hope that blogging will stay a part of it.
- If you had to pick 3 non-Harry Potter characters to share a room with at Hogwarts, who would you choose?
Cassie from The Upside of Unrequited, Arya from Game of Thrones, and Miss Marple from Agatha Christie. We’d get up to all sorts of shenanigans.
- What is your favorite first sentence of a book?
OH GOD. Um. I’m going to be boring and go with 1984:
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.
- Do you read poetry? If so, who is your favorite poet?
Yes! Right now it is Harryette Mullen – check out her collection Muse and Drudge.
I’m not going to nominate anyone, but if you liked Laura’s questions, please don’t hesitate to answer them yourself!