Ugh, how has November gone so fast?! I’ve not been very good at the blogging stuff this month, sorry about that.
Top 5 Recommendations:
- 100 books – I have reached my target! So far this year I’ve read 152 books.
- Continue to read diversely – yup! I read Permanent Record, which had a Black main character who is also HIV positive, a load of books with queer main characters, and lots of books for YARC as well.
- Read more independently published/self-published authors – not sure if I did this, I’ll have to check!
- Try to read more genres – I read nonfiction, fantasy, and contemporary.
- Try to read one graphic novel a month – I read The Prince and the Dressmaker
- Try to post three times a week – lol no.
- Increase Netgalley score – I’m still on 62%!!! WTF!!!!
Every month I’m also going to update you with what books I’ve read for YARC (Year of the Asian Challenge!). This month I read Girls of Storm and Shadow, The Prince and the Dressmaker, and The Iron Will of Genie Lo, bringing my total up to 27. I have officially exceeded my target, and won the Philippine tarsier badge, the Indian cobra badge, and the Malayan tapir badge!
- The Iron Will of Genie Lo by F. C. Yee
- Full Disclosure by Camryn Garrett
- Nudibranch by Irenosen Okojie
- Ghostland by Edward Parnell
- Non-Binary Lives
- The Prince and the Dressmaker
- The Places I’ve Cried In Public
I’m happy to say that I read ALL except Nudibranch. And I’m still in the middle of Ghostland. But it still counts.
- Visited a new independent bookshop – nope
- Continued with therapy – nope
- At least one exciting thing a month – well, I got a pay rise, and some new glasses! And an old school friend of mine came to visit over Bonfire Night which was lovely!
How was your November? Let me know what you’ve been reading and doing!