Another month, another wrap-up! October went by so quickly, I honestly can’t believe that spooky season is over already. I’m kind-of sad about it, to be honest! I read a bunch of creepy horror novels, and I was hoping to get to some more before Halloween. Ah well. I’ll just have to continue them into November!
Mental Health Monday:
Top 5 Recommendations:
- 100 books – I have reached my target! As of writing I’ve read 142 books.
- Continue to read diversely – Yup, this was excellent this month, due to the fact that I was doing so many readathons. I’ve got books by queer, Asian, and Latinx authors, as well as books about mental health and autism.
- Read more independently published/self-published authors – I believe that Moonstruck Vol 2 and Giant Days are independently published.
- Try to read more genres – I read poetry, short stories, fantasy, horror, contemporary and nonfiction.
- Try to read one graphic novel a month – I read Moonstruck Vol 2 and Giant Days Vol 1.
- Try to post three times a week – Yeah I haven’t been too bad with this goal!
- Increase Netgalley score – Still on 62%. I’ve got a couple of books that I need to write reviews for, that’ll up the score a bit.
Every month I’m also going to update you with what books I’ve read for YARC (Year of the Asian Challenge!). This month I read The Never Tilting World, Permanent Record and I’m in the middle of Girls of Storm and Shadow, bringing my total up to 25. I have officially exceeded my target, and won the Philippine tarsier badge, the Indian cobra badge, and the Malayan tapir badge! I would love to get to the next badge next month!
- Visited a new independent bookshop – I wrote this month about wanting to visit every independent bookshop in the UK. This month I went to Harpenden Books, which I thought was an independent bookshop, but it was actually a Waterstones in disguise! So sneaky!!
- Continued with therapy – ugh NO. I need to book an appointment with my therapist soon.
- Planned at least one exciting thing a month – In October I got my new book tattoo! I’m so excited to finally get it. The design has been in my head for years! As for November, I’ve got a friend coming over and we’re going to be going to a board game cafe, as well as celebrating Bonfire Night together!
How was your November? Let me know what you’ve been reading and doing!