- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale – so this book might actually be perfect? It follows Babe, a bisexual girl who makes the mistake of falling in love with a summer boy. She’s also dealing with an ex-girlfriend, and decisions about what she wants to do with her future. Read my review here.
- We Are Never Meeting in Real Life by Samantha Irby – the author of the ‘bitches gotta eat’ blog writes about a variety of topics in this essay collection. From Crohn’s Disease to poverty to being bisexual, she tackles everything with hilarity and honesty. And I think she has a new book coming out too!
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman – this YA fantasy is about a little secluded town called Four Paths, where the founding families of the town have magical powers, and have to battle a mysterious force called the Beast. I got serious Stranger Things vibes, AND like all of the main characters are bisexual.
- You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman – so this book looks at academic pressures that are put on teenagers, and let me tell you, I related to it big time. We follow Ariel, a bisexual Jewish teenager who is dealing with trying to become the perfect college applicant. Along the way, he has a cute romance with Amir, a Muslim Pakistani gay boy. It’s so fucking adorable.
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston – I’ve fallen into the hype surrounding this book! And…yeah, it’s totally deserved. First Son Alex Claremont-Diaz is what we in the bisexual community call a Disaster Bi, and I totally relate. He’s the sworn enemy of Prince Henry of Wales, until they’re forced to become friends… yeah, it’s enemies-to-lovers, y’all. I loved it!
Some books with bisexual characters that I want to read include:
- Technically, You Started It
- Sawkill Girls
- The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza
- Heartstopper: Volume 2
- Echo After Echo
What books with bisexual characters have you read recently? Let me know in the comments!