It’s that time again…half of the year is over, so of course I have to give a quick recap of my reading/faves so far in 2019.
- As of writing this post, I have read 78 books. My target is 100 so I am 30 books ahead of schedule. Yay!
- Three of these were re-reads, and the rest were new reads.
- I’ve read 25 ARCs, and 53 bought books.
- 57 of these books were read on an e-reader, 20 were paperbacks, and 4 were hardbacks.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019:
Aaah, starting off with such a hard question! I made a recommendation list of some of my favourite books in 2019 so far, but the one I have to pick is In At the Deep End by Kate Davies just because it surprised me so much.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019:
I really don’t read a lot of series, so the only sequel I’ve read is There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon – and that’s more of a companion novel than a sequel! I’m hoping that I’ll have a review up soon.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to:
I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver! I’m hoping that I can read this one as soon as I’ve got moved into my new house. I can’t believe I didn’t pick it up as soon as I got it!
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year:
5. Biggest disappointment:
Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson. I thought it was transphobic and it promised a lot of different themes which it just didn’t deliver.
6. Biggest surprise:
Other than In at the Deep End, I was very surprised by Don’t Hold My Head Down by Lucy-Ann Holmes. I knew nothing about it other than it was about sex/sexual discovery. It was funny, it was empowering, and it is super underrated! Read my review here.
7. Favourite new author (debut or new to you):
KATRINA LENO. I actually can’t believe that I hadn’t read any of her books before June 2019! I need to read more of her books.
8. Newest fictional crush:
I don’t have fictional crushes. Why is this question always in book tags?!
9. Newest favorite character:
I would actually do anything for Queenie from… Queenie! She is such a well-rounded character, and I feel like we would maybe be friends if she was real.
10. Book that made you cry:
11. Book that made you happy:
There’s Something About Sweetie made me smile so much!!
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received):
Hmm, I really love the cover of Proud because it is so bright and…. proud!
13. What book do you need to read by the end of the year?:
14. Favourite book community member:
This is such a mean question! My love always lies with Christine from Lady gets Lit, among my other blogging friends!
If you want to do this tag too, consider yourself tagged!