Uhh, where the hell did May go? Seriously, I actually don’t know how time slipped away from me like this! May was mixed for me – I’ve been dealing with mental and physical health stuff and working a lot. However, I also celebrated my fiancee’s birthday (he’s 25, I can’t believe it!) and went to a friend’s wedding, so those were nice!
Mental Health Monday:
Top 5 Recommendation:
- 100 books – I’ve read 68 books, so I am 28 books ahead of schedule.
- Continue to read diversely – yes, my reading was pretty diverse this month. Obviously I (tried to) prioritise books by Asian authors/with Asian characters, but I also read a good number of queer books too.
- Read more independently published/self-published authors – I read one self-published author.
- Try to read more genres – I read some erotica this month as well as fantasy/horror in The Devouring Gray.
- Try to re-read a childhood favourite once a month – Ugh no!! There have been way too many new releases for me to do that.
- Try to read one graphic novel a month – Yes, I read My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness.
- Try to post three times a week – I’ve done pretty well with that this month!
- Increase Netgalley score – I’m now on 65%. I keep requesting new books, so that’s why it hasn’t increased much.
Every month I’m also going to update you with what books I’ve read for YARC (Year of the Asian Challenge!). This month I read: My So-Called Bollywood Life, The Bone Witch, My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, Naturally Tan, and It’s Not About the Burqa bringing my total up to 14. I have officially exceeded my target, and won the Philippine tarsier badge! I’m going to try to read more books for YARC including The Diving Pool, Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel and Harmless Like You.
- Continued with therapy – I had one VERY needed session this month. I’m going to make sure I go more in June before I move and have to find a new therapist.
- Planned at least one exciting thing a month – In May my fiancee and I went to a Korean bbq for his birthday, after having AMAZING Korean fried chicken when we were in NYC. It was so good! June is looking to be a pretty low-key month for events, as we’re using our time to pack up our stuff and move house.