I saw this cat book tag on Bookish Rita’s blog and I just had to do it!! I’m obsessed with cats right now and will hopefully be getting a little fluff monster myself!
Credit the creator, Kat @ Melting Pots and Calamities
Answer the questions
Tag as many people as you want!
PURR: AS CATS DO THIS WHEN THEY’RE HAPPY OR RELAXED, WHAT IS THE BOOK THAT MAKES YOU HAPPIEST OR RELAXED?
SLEEP: WHAT WAS A BOOK THAT PUT YOU TO SLEEP OR WAS JUST BORING?
A book that I’ve put on my Goodreads hiatus shelf because I found it pretty boring is A Woman Looking at Men Looking at Women: Essays on Art, Sex, and the Mind by Siri Hustvedt. I’m sure it is interesting to some people – but I am not one of those people.
TWITCH WHILE DREAMING: HAVE YOU EVER DREAMT OF A BOOK YOU READ?
SEEMS TO PLAY NICE… UNTIL THE CLAWS ARE OUT!: WHICH BOOK HAD THE BIGGEST PLOT TWIST?
Nothing really springs to mind with this one. Uh… while it doesn’t really have a plot twist, a book that was really different to what I expected it to be was In At The Deep End by Kate Davies. You can find my review here.
CUDDLES: WHICH BOOK CHARACTER WOULD YOU GIVE A HUG TO?
I’ve been thinking about re-reading The Brightsiders, so I would probably give a hug to the main character Emmy. She deals with a lot of family shit during the course of the novel, and I think a hug would help.
CATNIP: WHAT’S A BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAVE WARM AND FUZZY FEELS?
One of the most recent fluffy books I’ve read is Soft on Soft by Em Ali! There are cats in that one, so that gives it double points.
CAT BREEDS: YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS?
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
- Freshwater by Akwaeke Emezi
- The Rental Heart and Other Stories by Kirsty Logan
GETTING THE CAT: HOW DID YOU FIND YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS?
- Good Omens – In high school I read everything Neil Gaiman had ever written, so I’m assuming I bought it at my local bookstore.
- Furiously Happy – I don’t remember. I probably discovered it on Twitter.
- Freshwater – I was interning at Faber & Faber (a UK publishing house) when Freshwater was being published in the UK, so I got a copy from there.
- The Rental Heart – I was recommended it during a book spa session at Mr B’s Emporium of Reading Delights!
THE VET’S OFFICE: YOUR LEAST FAVORITE BOOK?
I’ve got a couple! The one that I yell about the most is probably Snowsisters by Tom Wilinsky and Jen Sternick because it is transphobic trash.
BEING IN PLACES THEY SHOULDN’T: LEAST FAVORITE CLICHÉ?
I don’t tend to really mind cliches – sometimes the predictability is nice, and sometimes using them lets authors explore them in interesting ways. Saying that, I don’t tend to enjoy love triangles, and I absolutely detest the ‘love curing mental illness’ trope.
FINAL QUESTION — THE GOOD OLD CARDBOARD BOX: MOST UNDERRATED BOOK SERIES?
Interesting question! I don’t tend to read series, so these are going to focus on ones I read when I was younger.
- The Bartimaeus Trilogy
- The Flying Dutchman series
- The Young Wizards series
- The Last Dragon Chronicles
If you like cats, I tag you do this book tag!