April was an okay month for me – lots of travelling, and it was my 23rd birthday. My posting wasn’t as good as I would have liked it to be, but I’m working on it.
Mental Health Monday:
Top 5 Recommendation:
- 100 books – I have read 57 books so far this year.
- Continue to read diversely – I think this month was pretty diverse. I read Heart Berries, a memoir by a Canadian Indigenous woman. I also tried to read books with asexual, aromantic, and autistic characters, so I read Summer Bird Blue and The Boy Who Steals Houses.
- Read more independently published/self-published authors – Yes, I read An Unexpected Invitation by Ceillie Simkiss.
- Try to read more genres – it was pretty standard for me this month. Nonfiction and YA.
- Try to re-read a childhood favourite once a month – No, I didn’t manage to do that this month. My reading just kind of slipped away from me!
- Try to read one graphic novel a month – Yes, I read Bloom into You Vol 1.
- Try to post three times a week – Nope. I tried to get sorted but it didn’t happen.
- Increase Netgalley score: lol nope still on 62%.
Every month I’m also going to update you with what books I’ve read for YARC (Year of the Asian Challenge!). This month I read: Bloom Into You and Summer Bird Blue, bringing my total up to 9.
- Continued with therapy – lol nope. I did not have time to do that this month.
- Planned at least one exciting thing a month – I went to New York with my fiancee and his family! I put some bookish photos on Instagram, so check those out. It was also my birthday, and I went to a cat cafe!!