Sometimes you’re in the mood to sit down and read a book from cover to cover. So, I’ve put together a list of 5 books that are under 200 pages, and could feasibly be read in a couple of hours.
- The Rental Heart by Kirsty Logan – okay, I’ve talked about this short story collection a lot, but it is one of my favourites and I will never stop!! If you’re looking for queer fairy tales, lush prose, and bittersweet endings, this is the book for you.
- Unfit to Print by K.J. Charles – this is a historical novella that looks at Victorian pornography. Illicit booksellers, m/m romance and fights for social justice abound. I really enjoyed this one.
- The Red Parts by Maggie Nelson – a small book that combines true crime and literary fiction, The Red Parts is truly revolutionary. Murder, poetry and analysis of inherited trauma are some of the many themes touched on in this book.
- You Have the Right to Remain Fat by Virgie Tovar – while this book isn’t perfect, I think it is a great start for anyone looking to learn more about fatphobia and diet culture.
- The Space Between by Meg Grehan – a novel in prose, this is a short and lovely romance between two women, one of whom has agoraphobia. There’s a dog called Mouse who brings them together – enough said I think!
Some small books I want to read:
- Shame Is An Ocean I Swim Across
- Bucket List to Love
- Moonstruck Volume 2
- The Red House Mystery
- In the Vanishers’ Palace
Are there any small books that you would recommend to me? Let me know!