I’ve started doing Top 5 Recommendations over on my booktube channel, so I thought why not bring some of that list-y love over to my blog? Because it’s me, most of these are going to be YA. However, I’m planning on doing some lists that don’t have any YA on them at all! Let me know if you’d be interested in something like that.
- Not Your Sidekick by C.B. Lee
I know that everyone and their mother have heard me talking about Not Your Sidekick, but I honestly couldn’t make this list without this book. Her other book Seven Tears at High Tide also features a bisexual main character.
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
Same with this book. It is just the cutest thing that I have ever read, with great bisexual representation, amongst lots of other representation too! And Jen Wilde’s new book The Brightsiders once again features a bisexual protagonist! Whoop!
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
This is a hard-hitting YA contemporary that features a bisexual protagonist, Grace. I absolutely adored it every time Grace talks about being bisexual because it was SO CLOSE to my own experiences.
“For a long time, when I was a little younger, I thought that was how every girl saw other girls— this mix between beauty and awe and curiosity, a thin layer of lust just underneath. Took until I was fourteen to realize that no, the way I thought about other girls was a little different.”
- Wild by Hannah MoskowitzNow onto the books that might be a little lesser-known. Both main characters, Zack and Jordan, are bisexual in this book, with Zack also being Filipino and Jordan being a Deaf Jewish and Guatemalan woman. There’s a lot of bisexual humour in this as well, which I particularly enjoyed.
- Future Leaders of Nowhere by Emily O’Beirne
One of the characters, Finn, is bisexual. She has a romance with another woman, Willa. Although I wasn’t too fond of the description of bisexuality (it is described as a binary attraction to men and women, which it isn’t), it is a cute story of two girls that I quite enjoyed.
And a list of 5 bisexual books that I want to read:
- The Flywheel by Erin Gough
- Like Water by Rebecca Podos
- The Life and Death of Sophie Stark by Anna North
- Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert
- I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin
Check out my booktube top 5 short story collections:
Have you read any of these books? Are there any other bisexual books that I should be on the look-out for? If you’d like more recs, check out my bisexual shelf on Goodreads!