I was tagged by the wonderful Mariam @mariammybooks in the End of the Year Book Tag! Here are the questions:
1. Have you read any book(s) with someone? If yes, what was your buddy-read for 2017?
2. Any new author(s) that surprised you?
3. What’s a new genre you tried?
I tend to read pretty much anything, but the horror of House of Leaves was quite a bit outside of my comfort zone.
4. Any book(s) you read in the beginning of the year that you still recall very fondly in December.
The first book I read this year was The Good Immigrant, and it remains one of my top reads for this year. (Check out my upcoming posts for my favourites!)
5. Favorite book(s) you read during your birth month.
I read How to Make a Wish during April, and absolutely adored every second I spent reading it.
6. A book series you finished/started in 2017.
I started the Shades of Magic series this year – I read the first two books, and I’m going to get around to the third novel at some point in the new year.
7. Book(s) that everyone raved about in 2017 that you didn’t feel strongly about.
I honestly can’t think of anything!
8. News that made you super excited for 2018!
All of the releases! See my list of 2018 releases here.
9. Give me 2 books you’d re-read, 1 you wish you could forget, and 7 you’d buy for your past self.
2 books I’d re-read:
1 I wish I could forget:
7 I’d buy for my past self:
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- Juliet Takes a Breath
- It’s All Absolutely Fine
- Feminist Fight Club
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race
- Fuck Depression
10. Name one bookish goal you’ve achieved.
I interviewed a bunch of authors this year! And in January there will be the Mental Health Book Bingo!