Thanks to Angie for tagging me in this one! I love Christmas, so I was very pleased that you did! You can check out her answers here.
1.) What fictional character do you want Santa to leave under your Christmas tree?
Probably Sherlock Holmes, because he could help me guess what everyone had got me! Also Christmas = Victoriana to me.
2.) What character do you want to kiss under the mistletoe?
This was surprisingly difficult! Carmilla the vampire, maybe? She’s pretty sexy.
3.) You write your Christmas list for Santa, what are the top 5 books on it?
- The Good Immigrant
- Swing Time
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Universe
- Of Fire and Stars
- The Mothers
4.) It’s Secret Santa at Hogwarts, what do you most want to receive?
Is it too sad to say a Hogwarts letter?! A device to understand what my dog is saying would be cool.
5.) You get to spend the day with the characters and movie adaptation actors from one fandom, what do you pick?
Uhhh, I’m not really reading many things that have fandoms atm. But I always thought the Welcome to Night Vale characters and actors were pretty cool.
6.) What fictional animal would you like to replace Rudolph and be able to meet on your roof?
Being able to meet my daemon as in the His Dark Materials series would be awesome.
7.) You invite 10 fictional characters to your New Years party, who do you pick?
- Jess from Not Your Sidekick so I’d have at least one sober friend
- Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens (they count as one to me!) because I feel like they’d have some amazing dance moves
- McGonagall because the gillywater would be flowing
- Tita from Like Water for Chocolate because her food would be amazing
- Dorian Grey because a) booze b) DRAMA
- Deadpool because he’s bloody hilarious
- Jay Gatsby because he knows how to throw a party
- Marianne Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility because I love me some Austen flirting
- Emma Bovary from Madame Bovary because she’d probably sneak off halfway through to do something scandalous
- Arya Stark because she needs a damned break.
This was surprisingly difficult! I don’t think I would actually like many of my favourite literary characters.
8.) What character would make a good Santa? (Doesn’t have to be appearance, also personality)
I know this is stolen from Pratchett’s ‘The Hogfather’ but I love the idea of DEATH as Santa.
If you’d like to do this one, I tag you!