With the something-th anniversary of ‘Jane Eyre’ coming around this year, I thought it would be a good time to look over my own reading of the classics. Bear in mind, I am in the midst of my English Literature BA – but even so, there’s a couple that I’m really quite shocked I haven’t got round to…
- Beloved, Toni Morrison. Or any Toni Morrison.
- Pretty much anything Russian. (Except ‘We’).
- Any Earnest Hemingway.
- Ulysses, James Joyce.
- The Diary of a Young Girl, Anne Frank
- Any Steinbeck
- Any Salman Rushdie
- Any PG Wodehouse
- Wide Sargasso Sea, Jean Rhys
- Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
It’s not that I don’t want to read them – it’s just that I’ve never got round to them, somehow! But I will. After my degree. Sometime.
Any other classics that I should get around to sooner rather than later? Let me know!