If you follow us on Twitter, it will come as no surprise to you that I bloody ADORE Bookbarn International. It is basically a huge warehouse that contains over a million books – and (pretty much) every one is £1.
Located in Hallatrow, Somerset, Bookbarn International is one of my favourite second-hand bookstores in the country.
The books I came out with are:
- Eyeless in Gaza, Aldous Huxley, Penguin Modern Classics
- Other People, Martin Amis, Penguin Books
- Brief Candles, Aldous Huxley, Penguin Books
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith, Perennial Classics
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Tom Stoppard, Faber and Faber
- A Woman of No Importance, Oscar Wilde, A&C Black
- New Irish Writing, ed. David Marcus, Quartet Books
- Storm: New Writing from Mexico, ed. Joanna Labon, Expression
I tried to get some short story anthologies and plays – I mainly read novels, and I’m hoping to change that throughout 2016.
If you have any recommendations for bookstores in the Somerset or Yorkshire areas, please let us know! We’re always on the look-out for books, especially at such fantastic prices.
(This post isn’t sponsored, by the way. I just NEEDED to talk about it.)